Here to Support You
Whether you are a prospective high school, transfer, or current UI student wondering if you can be successful taking International Studies classes here, our UI DWLLC Ambassadors want to tell you that you totally can be and that they are here to support you in achieving your goals. Ambassadors are current students majoring or minoring in a world language and passionate about the experiences and opportunities their language learning has offered. To meet with an Ambassador and gain firsthand experience of this program, email firstname.lastname@example.org today!
A Leadership Opportunity
Being a DWLLC Student Ambassador is an exciting volunteer opportunity within the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences. Students in this position get to share their experience being a part of the Division of World Languages, Literatures & Cultures and showcase their passion while enhancing their leadership skills.
Ambassadors interact with prospective students and their guests during, but not limited to, recruitment events such as Daily Admissions Visits, Hawkeye Visit Days, and Admitted Student Days. Ambassadors could also connect with prospective and current students through social media outreach and communication projects and assist with functions for current students, alums, and donors.
While the Ambassador Program is a volunteer opportunity, there are guidelines for participation. A successful candidate must
- Be a declared major or minor in International Studies
- Participate in a minimum of 10 hours of IS-related recruitment events each semester
- Exhibit excellent customer service skills and interact professionally with prospective students and their guests
- Share experiences in a positive yet realistic view with perspective students and guests
- Attend and complete mandatory training
- Hold the position for a semester at a time - can reapply for subsequent semesters based on performance evaluation
- Be in good conduct standing with the University
- Be a current, full-time University of Iowa student - 12 s.h. or more
- Maintain a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.0 while holding position.